Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Letter to Tom

My dearest Tom,
   You promised me that you would write to me every Wednesday. Perhaps you've forgotten? Any who, I'll be the first to begin writing letters, since I miss you so. You mean so much to me. Every time I close my eyes I see yours, like silver shining coins, staring into mine. I imagine us living in a rich and Daisy-free world, just you and I. We'd enjoy our lives in our own house much more grand than anyone has ever laid eyes upon.  Maids and butlers would be constantly running around and fetching all the shopping I've done. There would be gold and diamonds at every corner, and everyone would see just how much of a gentleman you are. I can't wait for that day, darling. You are much more of a man than my poor excuse of a husband will ever be, and for that, I will always love you.

Forever yours,
Myrtle

(P.S. We need to pick up nicer furniture for the apartment. The things we've got now are rather tacky).

No comments:

Post a Comment